On Tuesday 4th September 2018 (9:30am-1pm), BIC’s New Trends in Publishing Seminar once again came to the The Stationers’ Hall, London – a great space to contemplate the future of the book industry and network with colleagues and other BIC members.
This event provided a fantastic opportunity to hear from industry experts on the opportunities and challenges facing the book industry in the months and years ahead.
This event was kindly sponsored by:
The topics covered included:
- Yewno Unearth: A New Approach to Collection Categorisation using Artificial Intelligence
- Post-Pick Depression
- Immersive Products in the Classroom: What Works in Education & Training… So Far
- Introducing the a-Book: Curating Digital Content through an Augmented Travel Guide
- An Insight into the Data Driving Audiobook Discovery & Sales
Our speakers included:
- Miroslaw Bober, Professor of Video Processing, University of Surrey
- Mark Christian, Global Director, Immersive Learning, Pearson
- David Frohlich, Professor of Interaction Design, University of Surrey
- Vicky Hampshire, Vice President of Business Development, Yewno
- Stephen Long, Global Managing Director, Book Discovery & Commerce Solutions, Nielsen Book
- Simon Parker, Business Development Manager, Batch
Individual sets of slides from this year’s presentations can be viewed here:
Articles written about this event:
Photographs taken on the day can be found below…
A WORD ABOUT OUR SPONSOR:
Nielsen Book is a leading provider of search, discovery, commerce, consumer research and retail sales analysis services globally.
Nielsen runs the Registration Agencies (ISBN and SAN Agencies for UK & Ireland), provides search and discovery products through its Nielsen Book Discovery product range including BookData; electronic trading via Nielsen Book Commerce including BookNet and PubEasy services; retail sales analysis via Nielsen Book Research including BookScan and consumer research through its Books and Consumer Survey. Nielsen Book uses information from across the company to provide digital insights for clients.
Nielsen is a global market information and measurement company with market leading positions in consumer information, television and other media measurement, online intelligence and mobile measurement.